2.5.06

Weak in the knees?


There are many things to be afraid of in life. But when I think about it there is but one absolute I can count on. The only sure thing in life is death and that should be enough for most of us to take head. In times of weakness, I question my own integrity. Sometimes getting out and doing something helps, other times I look for inspiration. Anyone who has studied other cultures has seen that people live in many different ways. There isn’t a right or wrong way to live, regardless of what some might say. There are some basic truths that we must follow to live in society but those usually exist in every major culture and they don’t require any sort of higher intellect to understand. I strive to be free of anxiety. That is my goal. And when I need a little inspiration I sometimes look to D. Lawless. Here you see him charging a maxed out hurricane swell, with just a couple of other guys out, highly under-gunned but with courage and style. It’s a little hard to see but you get the idea, and the cheers from the boardwalk help to highlight his feat.

Hurricane Wilma


No comments: