28.9.06

Good News!



It’s been six months since the birth of Ku Yah! And low and behold, I have been offered an opportunity to write a Hollywood script based on my ramblings.

Can you believe it?

I didn’t think so.

In other news, I was browsing through some of the visitors to the site and found a really cool bunch of blogs from Venezuela. They are all quite literary and well done. For most of my readers (all three of you) these blogs may be a bit perplexing as they are in Spanish. If you wanna take a look anyway, here is the link.

In REAL news, my legally lacking friend and I have officially launched (well we didn’t have champagne or anything) www.phoresia.org

Phoresia is our little grain of sand to try and promote some health in our dying world. I have just finished reading Yvonne Chouinard’s Let My People Go Surfing. For those of you who are not aware of whom Yvonne is he is the owner of Patagonia. Patagonia is one of the leading “sustainable” businesses in North America. Yvonne’s book reads more like a business manual than anything else. He goes into the history of the company, its values about the environment and the society, and their struggles and successes. There is also a section about the current state of our environment.

It made me sad and a bit worried to read the environment stuff. I mean it’s common knowledge that we are overusing our resources and creating global warming because of our way of life. I guess the maddening part is that there doesn’t’ seem to be any change in the future, at least not any change that will effectively reverse the existing damage.

So what do you do? Do you throw your hands in the air and despair? Or do you do what you can and be glad your alive?

I leave it up to you to decide. I think I know which path I choose.

Thanks for coming.

1 comment:

Foul Pete said...

Ras

Now I remember who you are....

Phoresia... you mentioned that project on the Oregon Surf Page. Looks great. FYI the latest issue of WEND features a story on alternative surfboard materials and includes mentions of Hess and Grain surfboards. You might be able to get this issue in Canada...